Friday 14 August 2009

Days are getting shorter!

Hey Folks!

It's been a while since I posted something on this blog that really had some substance. So today/tonight Im making up for it :)

I recently went on holiday to portugal which was fun.


IMG_4685

Nothing to do with design but it does explain my lack of posts lately. While away my family and I were holidaying with another two families, so there was a total of 6 kids running around alot of the time. I mention this because after they realised I could draw, I began to work through their numerous and incredibly random requests. I wrote the strangest one's down.

  • Zombie eating someone
  • Man riding a giant bee, with guns
  • A pixie fairy riding something/maybe an alien
  • Man pooing
  • An army butch man with combat shotgun and cigar, shooting evil man with blood saying "Eat Lead Sucker!"
  • Man weeing
  • Man pooing on someone who is throwing up while also being wee'd on
These kids were between 9-12. I blame southpark.

img486

New work :)

"FACE to FLOW
"


Face to Flow



I've been working on this for a while and i think i can call it finished. I've got annoyingly critical of my own work lately, so much so that i have started over working alot of pieces.

There's a couple of pieces I'm working on currently, not sure when or if i'll publish them. Im just trying to exdpand my portfolio to be honest.

There is a new Adamwitton.co.uk up and running. Although it's nothing amazing. Expect something better over the coming months.

Here are some cool fonts I found. The first is a funny bold typeface called MOO. The second is a slightly more serious hard edged font, very precise and looks kind of sci-fi ish , its called Amputa Bangiz , I actually used it in the piece above.

Time for some inspiration...

"SKATE con cinco letras"


skate_banner

This first piece was published in UNO magazine. Its the work of five artists and design teams, Álex Trochut, Inocuo The Sign, Angel Sanz & Jenny Chih Chieh Teng, Sergio Jiménez, Losieto studio. Each member designed a letter. I think it looks awesome, more about the piece here.

I am hoping this will replace the windows media players dated visualistations.

Below is a funny animation i found. Imagine the film "The Thing" but with toys :) Cool soundtrack too.

.






Well said Daniel Evanon

Poster designed by Mayumi Haryoto.

Below is the work of Olly Moss.





Cool stuff.

Time to sign out, Steven Seagal is on tv!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment