Friday 20 November 2009

My Trip To London

Yesterday I got back from my trip to London. It was amazing! Despite living in the Uk all of my life I have never visited it's capital, so it was a very insightful trip for me. The reason for the trip was to visit a couple of design companies/agencies that were holding lectures for students from Falmouth University. We visited a total of 6 companies in 3 days so it was a pretty hectic couple of days.

The 6 companies were:

AKQA 
Saatchi & Saatchi X


Each company gave an incredibly insightful look into how their company works and what they provide in the industry. Me being a bit of techy nerd I was particularly blown away with the work of AKQA and Unit 9 who have created some amazing interactive websites for big names such as Samsung, Ferrari and Microsft. Brand Union, Saatchi & Saatchi and Pentagram were also very impressive with a massively long list of top end clients. Purpose was probably the smallest design company we visited which was nice, their company had a different feel to the others we visited although what that is i can't put my finger on. Other things i learnt from my trip, London doesn't have enough toilets, or cash machines, or bins, and if you don't tip you're an evil person.


Anyway i could go on for days, but i really should get on with some work.


Im off to play some modern warfare 2... i mean work...

No comments:

Post a Comment